Saturday 12 March 2011

5 whole miles!!!

Today I ran the longest distance I've ever run ever - just over 5 miles!

I feel very proud :-).

It was actually a really lovely course - all winding rural roads and big posh houses and spring sunshine - and it was somewhere near where I live that I've never seen before (which is always nice :-) ).

Mark did embarrass me by taking various photos and film clips of me as I went (well, I needed a 'running'-y picture of me for my sponsorship page, after all) but in all other respects it was really fab. I didn't at any point feel sick or like I needed to stop or like I wanted to collapse on the nearest patch of vaguely flat earth. I just felt... fine. I even managed to have non-huffing-and-puffing conversations with Mark about things that actually made sense.

Yay :-).

In other good news, my sponsorship page is now live! Should you wish to sponsor me, you can find my page here .

Or should you wish to provide support in a more esoteric fashion by sending me good vibes and/or encouraging thoughts, please feel free to go ahead and start sending them this way.

Or even better, leave me a comment. I love getting comments!

Aaanyway... back to business.

Stats for this run:

Distance: 8.2 K
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes and 2 seconds
Average K pace: 9 minutes 9 seconds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did really well to keep going, and I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the run :-) Markxx